Hit the lanes and start bowling strikes for this annual event to help raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Upwards of $20 million is raised, nationwide, through this effort, along with the hopes and aspirations of children who deserve an opportunity for a better future. Because of Bowl for Kids’ Sake, more Bigs and Littles can be paired up, more friendships can be gained and improved outlooks on life can be started.
Now’s your chance to be a part of the fun and begin impacting children’s lives right in your community. Sign up today and tell your family and friends. Be a fundraiser. Be a donor. Be a bowler.
Find out how you or your company can sponsor a Bowl for Kids’ Sake event in your community. Sponsorships range from $500 to $50,000.
For more information about Bowl for Kids’ Sake, contact Shannon Kaszuba, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 608-325-7855.
Start helping kids profit. Many donors are now making gifts to us in the form of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. As a donor, you are entitled to take a charitable deduction for the full fair-market value of appreciated securities held longer than one year, and you usually avoid paying the capital gains tax that would be due if you sold the securities.
Donating Stock or Bonds Held By a Bank or Broker
If your equities are currently held at a bank or in a brokerage account, simply send a letter of instruction to your broker or banker with a full description of the securities and your gift’s intended purpose. Securities can be sent electronically using the following transmittal instructions:
Bank of New Glarus
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Green County
Bank Account Number: Please contact the office for further information.
Bank Contact: Shelly Petit Baum, Assistant Branch Manager, at Shelly@bankofnewglarus.com or 608-325-1100
Please advise us of your gift by notifying Shannon Kaszuba, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-325-7855.
Donating Stock Certificates You Hold
- +Send the unsigned certificates by certified mail to the attention of Shannon Kaszuba, Executive Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Green County, 1505 9th Street, Monroe, WI 53566.
- +Copy and send one blank stock Power of Attorney for each company whose stock you are transferring. Only the signature line should be filled in, with the signature(s) matching the name(s) that appear on the face of the certificates. Include both names if the stock is jointly owned.
- +The Power of Attorney must be notarized.
- +Send the certificates and stock powers in separate envelopes. Send the signed stock power in one and the stock certificate(s) in the other with a letter (also signed by the owner(s) of the stock) stating that the stock is being donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Green County.
Effective Date and Value of Your Gift
Your gift of stock or publicly traded securities will be valued based on the mean market price of the securities on the gift date. We will provide you with a receipt for your tax records. Big Brothers Big Sisters determines your gift date according to the following guidelines:
- +By mail, it is the later of the postmark dates of your separately mailed stock certificates and stock powers.
- +By electronic transfer, it is the date that the securities enter Big Brothers Big Sisters’ account.
- +By hand, it is the date that a Big Brothers Big Sisters’ employee receives the stock certificates and stock powers of attorney.
- +By reregistering securities in Big Brothers Big Sisters’ name yourself, it is the date on the new certificates (this method takes the longest).
If you have questions or need more information, contact Shannon Kaszuba, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 608-325-7855.
Philanthropy starts with you. Big Brothers Big Sisters is grateful for financial support from foundations and corporations.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is a well-respected brand with a sterling reputation and proven results. Plus, we’re highly rated for efficiency and accountability by a number of independent organizations. In fact, Forbes named Big Brothers Big Sisters to its Gold Star List as one of the America’s ten best nonprofit organizations.
Major investments from foundations and corporations have enabled Big Brothers Big Sisters to connect with young people in unprecedented ways, so they can start on the path to unlimited potential—and maybe even start a business or foundation of their own some day.
To learn more about becoming a corporate or foundational partner, contact Shannon Kaszuba, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-325-7855.
We are grateful to the foundations and corporations that have provided substantial funding to Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Start putting your trust in us—literally. Making us a part of your trust, bequest or endowment can start many years of giving.
Your legacy can have an impact, too. A planned gift to Big Brothers Big Sisters ensures the continuation of our landmark mentoring programs and creates your own legacy of support. Planned giving also offers significant advantages, including tax breaks and a potential income increase.
If you’re considering making Big Brothers Big Sisters part of your trust, bequest, or endowment, please contact Shannon Kaszuba, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 608-325-7855.